National Federal & Florida representation. Global clientele.
Jennifer S. Carroll, BCS Appeals
Board Certified in Appellate Law
An appellate specialist, Jennifer Carroll was in the first group of Florida lawyers to achieve Certification in Appellate Practice from the Florida Bar. She received this honor upon its inception in 1994. Ms. Carroll also holds an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review RatingSM from Martindale-Hubbell®, a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank her at the highest level of professional excellence.
Prior to entering private practice, Ms. Carroll served as judicial law clerk to the Honorable Ralph W. Nimmons, Jr. of the First District Court of Appeal in Tallahassee, Florida. This experience, coupled with her experience in all aspects of litigation—from trial preparation, full bench and jury trials, and post-trial proceedings—enhances Ms. Carroll's perspective and abilities in appellate and complex civil litigation.
The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. Your contact with this firm reflects your understanding and agreement with these statements.
Recommendations or testimonials are not necessarily representative of results obtained, or all clients’ experiences with the lawyer. Facts and circumstances may differ from the matter(s) in which the results or recommendations are provided. Decisions about any lawyer are important and should not be based solely upon what is stated in a social networking site, website or blog. Your contact with this firm reflects your understanding and agreement with these statements.
© 2007-12 Easley Appellate Practice, P.L.L.C. (Since 1994) All rights reserved.
4000 Ponce de León Blvd., Suite 470, Miami, Florida 33146
Years in Practice: 25
Areas of practice
• Civil appeals in state and federal courts
• Post-trial proceedings
• Pretrial and trial proceedings involving resolution of significant legal issues
Legal employment history
• Metzger, Sonneborn & Rutter, P.A., West Palm Beach, Florida, Appellate and Litigation Attorney, 1991-1998
• First District Court of Appeal, Tallahassee, Florida, Hon. Ralph W. Nimmons, Senior Judicial Law Clerk, 1986-1991
• Florida, 1985, all state courts
• United States Supreme Court
• United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
• United States district courts, Southern and Middle Districts of Florida
• Walter F. George School of Law, Mercer University, J.D., 1985
• Order of the Barristers
• Captain, National and State Moot Court Competition Teams
• Moot Court Board
• Stetson University, B.A., cum laude, 1982
• Dean's List, 1978–1982
• State Champion, National Forensics League, 1981
Awards and honors
• AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review RatingSM from Martindale-Hubbell®
• “Florida Super Lawyer,” Law and Politics, annually since 2006
• “Leading Florida Attorney,” Civil Appellate Law, 1997
• 1997 Pro Bono Appellate Law Award
• Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County, Inc.
• Palm Beach County Bar Association
• Appellate Court Rules Committee—Florida Bar, 2002–2008
• Chair, Civil Rules Subcommittee, 2006–2007
• Appellate Practice Certification Exam Review Course—Florida Bar
• Chairperson, Review Course Committee, 1999 and 2000
• Lecturer, Florida Civil Appellate Practice, 1998
• Appellate Practice and Advocacy Section—Florida Bar
• Member, Executive Council, 1998–2004
• Continuing Legal Education Committee, 1998–2003
• "Medical Malpractice Arbitration and the Right to Set Off: A Proposed Resolution," Trial Advocate Quarterly, Winter 2000
• "Appellate Specialization and the Art of Appellate Advocacy," Florida Bar Journal, June 2000